Direct Debit Request Service Agreement (“Agreement”)
- This agreement sets out the terms and conditions to which you have authorised us, Roam Tolling Pty Ltd, to automatically deduct amounts payable to your Roam account from your bank account at your financial institution. Your Direct Debit Request (‘DDR’) authorises us to arrange for the payment of amounts due to us, and at the times required, for the tolls, fees and charges you have incurred while using Roam.
- Direct Debit through the Bulk Electronic Clearing System (BECS) is not available on all bank accounts. If you are unsure whether direct debit is available on your account, please check with your bank. You should also check your account details against a recent statement from your bank. If you are unsure how to complete this DDR you can also check with your financial institution.
- We can amend this Direct Debit Request Agreement at any time after giving you a minimum of 14 days’ notice.
- You can cancel, vary, defer or suspend the DDR, or stop an individual debit from taking place under this agreement by contacting us on the contact details below. You will need to allow a minimum of 14 days before the next drawing date to process your request or the debit may still be made. You can direct stop and cancellation requests to your financial institution.
- If a payment due date falls on a weekend or a NSW or national public holiday, the debit will be processed on the next business day. If you are unsure when a debit will be processed please ask your bank.
- You must ensure that you have sufficient cleared funds available in your nominated account on the due date to cover the payment under the DDR. If funds are not available you must arrange an alternative payment method and contact us. If we attempt to debit your bank account unsuccessfully you may subsequently enter our debt collection cycle and be charged a dishonour fee.
- If Roam Tolling Pty Ltd incurs any bank fees or charges as a result of a dishonoured direct debit, these may be passed on to you as a charge to your Roam account.
- If you believe there has been an error in debiting your account, you should notify us directly on the contact details on the front of this form, and confirm that notice in writing with us as soon as possible so that we can resolve your query more quickly. Alternatively you can take it up directly with your financial institution
If we conclude as a result of our investigations that your account has been incorrectly debited we will respond to your query by arranging for your financial institution to adjust your account (including interest and charges) accordingly. We will also notify you in writing of the amount by which your account has been adjusted.
If we conclude as a result of our investigations that your account has not been incorrectly debited we will respond to your query by providing you with reasons and any evidence for this finding in writing.
- We will keep information about your financial institution account confidential except to the extent necessary to resolve any claim you may make relating to a debit which you claim has been made incorrectly, or as otherwise required by law.
- You are responsible for ensuring that your financial institution allows direct debits to be processed on your nominated account.
Roam Tolling Pty Ltd (ABN: 47 103 186 670) is a member of the Transurban Group. Transurban respects people’s privacy. We have asked for the personal information on this form so we can maintain an account for you to use the Westlink M7 and certain other eligible toll roads.
We may disclose your personal information to other Transurban Group entities and third party service providers who we work with, including other toll road operators. We may disclose information to our overseas contractors based in the Philippines, the United States and certain other countries, although we will always take steps to ensure your personal information is kept secure and is handled in a way that is consistent with the Australian Privacy Principles. Where your account is in payment default, we may disclose your personal information to debt collection companies and credit reporting bodies. The credit reporting bodies that we deal with from time to time are listed on our website.