Information for contractors

Motorway Access Permits

Westlink M7 values safety. To ensure that we maintain a safe environment for our customers, staff and contractors – and for efficient operation of the M7 motorway – anyone planning to work anywhere within the M7 corridor, including the M7 shared path, is required to submit a Motorway Access Permit Form.

Motorway access permits should be submitted to the M7 a minimum five business days prior to any proposed works being carried out. Depending on the nature of work, Westlink M7 may request a meeting or consult with relevant stakeholders, or seek further information, before approval to do work, can be given.

Motorway Access Permits can be download, and completed in electronic format. Once the application is filled in, send an email to M7 Access with all supporting documents attached, for all parties involved in on-site access or work.

For more information, download and read our Westlink M7 Access Application Checklist.

Traffic Control

Companies carrying out work for entities other than the Westlink M7, must obtain their own road occupancy licence (ROL), and engage their own traffic control for work in the M7 motorway corridor. Own Traffic control is also required for work along the M7 Shared Path, for the safety of workers, pedestrians and cyclists. 

All traffic control plans must be certified, before they can be submitted to the Westlink M7.

M7 Inductions

All workers and persons involved in site access, or on-site work, must be M7 inducted before entering the Westlink M7 corridor or starting work.  To inquire, or to enrol, download and complete Westlink M7 Induction Enrolment form and send an email to M7 Training with all supporting documents.

Induction enrolment forms must be lodged as separate applications for each person attending. Bookings are essential, as places are limited.

Developer and Landowners

Developers and landowners working adjacent to the Westlink M7 motorway, including the M7 Shared Path, may also request information or ask for a technical review of the impact of proposed works, in advance of a development application.

For further information about accessing the Westlink M7 corridor to do work, please contact our project team on 02 9834 9200 or via email.


Motorway Access Permit Form
Access Application Checklist
Induction Enrolment Form

The Westlink M7 Privacy Policy explains how we collect, use and disclose personal information, how to access or correct your personal information and how to make a privacy complaint.